Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Purpose Therein

Starting this 'blog is an idea I've had for some time now, but the catalyst has only recently arrived; my thanks to Do The Math for starting the proverbial fire under my ass. 

     So why add another webpage to a cyber-world already flooded with split-second self-journalism? Well, I suppose that part of it is inevitably going to come down to narcissism, however I'm hopeful that this webpage can provide an arena where 1.) I can share some of my ideas and struggles as a would-be jazz bassist, composer, and arranger and 2.) I can receive feedback from, and dialogue with, a vast community of fellow musicians.

     Another reason is my hope that the pressure to regularly post something will help me to continue in a routine of analyzing, transcribing, arranging, and composing music. Consequently, these are the things that I intend to fill this webpage with.

     Other music-related ramblings may pop-up, but my goal is keep the 'blog focused primarily on composition and arranging.

No comments: